Training and Coaching
What is Training and Coaching?
To support Cypriot CSOs, Civic Space provides them with the necessary knowledge and skills on different capacity-building topics to become more effective, sustainable and enhance their capacities for better articulating citizens’ concerns, fostering democracy, human rights, and peace. To further deepen the skills and knowledge acquired during the trainings, Civic Space offers on-demand post-training coaching.
Based on a comprehensive needs assessment and several training needs surveys, Civic Space has so far carried out 31 training on the following topics: transparency and accountability; advocacy; working with volunteers; project design; digital activism; digital content production and security; fundraising; communication strategy and digital tools; social media management; rights-based monitoring, reporting, and advocacy; mediation and problem solving; logical framework for monitoring and evaluation; facilitation and mentoring skills; corporate social responsibility; Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Organized in Nicosia, Famagusta, Lefka/Lefke, and Morphou/Güzelyurt, the training sessions were deemed very positive with 93% of participants expressing their satisfaction and benefit.
Tailor-made coaching support has been provided following 10 trainings conducted by Civic Space to participants who requested this support.
- 31 trainings
- 506 participants from 133 CSOs
- 17 CSOs received tailor-made coaching
- 6 training curricula and manuals/documents available in Turkish and/or English languages
Until June 2023, Civic Space will continue to organize trainings on capacity building and thematic topics.
An indicative list of capacity building trainings to be held might be as follows:
- Organizational governance and management
- Campaign tools and management
- Policy development and participation
- Policy and budget monitoring and reporting
- Strategic communication and tools
- Conflict management and problem-solving
- Training and facilitation skills
- Online learning, how to design online learning environments
- Monitoring, evaluation, and impact analysis.
An indicative list of thematic trainings to be held might be as follows:
- Human rights monitoring and reporting based on international conventions.
- Youth policy and work
- Mainstreaming, advocacy, monitoring, and reporting of SDGs
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- International framework for environment protection, monitoring, and reporting.