Call for applications for the first mentoring cycle
Civic Space is now expecting applications from registered or unregistered civil society organisations (CSOs) that would like to strengthen their communication capacities within the context of the Mentoring Program.
Civic Space Mentoring Program, based on its “learning how to learn” approach, is designed to support the sustainable capacity strengthening of Cypriot civil society, and to enable experience sharing between organizations and activists. Thus, the Program, while facilitating self-empowerment of CSOs, will also contribute to systematizing, expanding, and sustaining the mentoring-like solidarity networks that already exist among Cypriot CSOs and activists.
The Program foresees to reinforce CSOs’ problem solving and capacity strengthening skills around an organisational capacity building topic with the support of a mentor. More information can be found on Civic Space website under the mentoring section.
The Mentoring Program will be implemented in 6-months’ long cycles during which 4 organisations/initiatives will be supported each time. While some of these cycles will be in the form of open calls on specific topics, some others will not be limited to any topic and be provided based on demand. Indicatively, till June 2023, five support cycles will be launched with a total maximum of 20 organisations/initiatives supported.
In this first cycle of the Program, Civic Space will be offering a 6-months long mentoring support to 4 mentee CSOs that wish to improve their communication capacities. The mentors who will take part in the provision of mentoring support will be selected from the Civic Space Pool of Mentors. These mentors are Cypriot civil society activists with experiences and skills on a wide array of organisational capacity building topics and who have attended a series of mentoring trainings held by Civic Space since 2019.
Eligibility of Applicants
The four CSOs to be selected for this first cycle of mentoring support, are expected to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Operating as a registered (e.g., associations, foundations, non-profit companies) or an unregistered citizen’s initiative operating in Cyprus and working for public benefit.
- Having at least 5 active members.
- Committing at least 2 participants for continuous involvement in the mentoring process
- Presence in Cyprus throughout the mentoring process (January – June 2022).
- The decision-making mechanism and/or the whole team of the organization/initiative having the motivation, time, and capacity for capacity strengthening their communication capacity.
These eligibility criteria will be sought during the selection process. If the number of CSOs who pass this eligibility is more than four, then the following additional criteria will be considered:
- Regional and thematic balance.
- Urgency of the organisational need in the field of communication as expressed by the applicant CSO.
Applications and Timeline
CSOs wishing to make use of this mentoring support can apply by filling in the form at the following link.
The deadline for applications is 10 January 2022 at 13.00 hours.
The following indicative process will follow the deadline for applications:
- Selection: Civic Space will conduct an objective eligibility assessment and identify the four selected CSOs that will be announced latest by 30 January 2022.
- Launch Meeting: The selected applicants will then be invited to a launch event in which the Program will be further introduced, their needs will be discussed and identified.
- Mentee-mentor matching: Following this meeting, each four mentee CSOs will be matched with a mentor carrying the knowledge and experience on the relevant communication area they identified.
- Mentoring support: The support, that will be 8-10 hours’ long per month, will continue till June 2022 and the cycle will finish with a closing meeting.