Grow Civic Local Action Support expects support requests from CSOs and activists from Lefka/Lefke, Limassol/Limasol, Morphou, Paphos/Baf and Trikomo/İskele. The call for requests will be open between 30 May and 29 July 2022.
Grow Civic is an in-kind support programme of the EU funded Civic Space Project that provides innovative, flexible, participatory, transparent and accessible direct support to rights-based actions and public benefit works carried out by CSOs and activists in Cyprus. The objectives of the Grow Civic Program are:
- To support mainstreaming of rights-based actions and actors, including activists, citizens' initiatives and CSOs to promote and enhance democracy and human rights.
- To strengthen CSOs' capacities specifically on rights-based actions, visibility/communication, advocacy and organisational sustainability, and to support the creation of new initiatives or organisations having a rights-based agenda.
- To foster and strengthen multi-communal dialogue and collaboration, and/or to support the development of mono or multi-communal thematic or cross thematic coalitions in line with the rights-based approach to EU values and principles.
- To foster and strengthen networking and partnership with CSOs in the EU Member States or the IPA region for joint rights-based agendas and actions.
Grow Civic Local Action Support is designed to promote local and/or grassroots CSOs, activists and organised citizens for their thematic and/or regional actions. The mandatory criteria for support are as follows:
- Be in line with one of the Grow Civic objectives;
- Be implemented in Cyprus;
- The requester is among the eligible groups
- The support request/action is rights-based.
Children and young activists as well as CSOs working on children’s rights and youth, are specifically encouraged to request support under this call for requests. Partnerships between activists and CSOs from the regions covered will be regarded as added-value.
The implementation period of actions for which Grow Civic Local Action Support is requested cannot exceed 4 months and all actions supported under the Programme must end latest by 31 March 2023.
For each approved eligible action, Grow Civic will provide up to 1,200 EUR in-kind support and experts’ support up to 5 days. The total support amount reserved for this call for requests is 12,000 EUR.
Simple request forms in English and Turkish languages can be downloaded from here.
The forms should be submitted by e-mail to Civic Space at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 29 July 2022 at 16.00 hours.
For more information you can find the Local Action Support Guideline here: https://civicspace.eu/belgeler/local-action-support-guideline/